Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How I fell in love with oriental carpets

I was walking around Manhattan with a friend. He is a carpet salesman's son. And he was telling me about why his father's carpets cost so much: the amount of time they take to produce, the materials that are used, the history that goes into their design. He was talking about a customer who did not wish to pay over 1000 Dollars for a carpet that was worth much more. He explained to me why oriental carpets are not like just any other carpets you put in your house.

I finally understood that oriental carpets are works of art. Their value most often increases as they get older and are a great investment for that reason.

Since then, I love oriental carpets. I have gathered quite a collection in the mean time and it is all thanks to my understanding of what kind of work really goes into oriental carpets.

2 comments:

jack said...

You are absolutely right. I also like oriental carpets and I agree with you. do you know one thing my home is full of this carpets.

Jack roberts

Advisor

lyw said...

Hello,

I'm writing a story about oriental carpets and want to interview a few people on what makes the carpet salesperson and the carpet sale a different experience, especially where I am, in Canada.

Would you or perhaps the carpet salesperson you mentioned be interested in commenting for my story?

You can reply to my public email address: thisbusinessofdancemusic@yahoo.ca

If you need more information on me as a writer you can also visit my webpage: http://www.thisbusinessofdanceandmusic.com/lyw_bio.htm

Sincerely,

lyw